BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 5, 2010

Mark Wills

I love listening to Country Music. I listen to it every day. There are some good ones out there. But yesterday they played one of Mark Wills's songs called "Don't Laugh At Me". It is a really good song. It has a good message to it too.
I think we all need to listen to it and take it to heart of what it means and what he is saying. Especially these days with young kids being bullied over stupid little things. It should never matter how the other person looks, acts, or just what ever. It is wrong that this type of thing goes on and we just don't ever see it or want to hear it or believe it is happening right under our noses.


When I heard that song I had a major flash back. It was back to when I was in Elementary School in Henderson, Nevada. I don't quite remember what grade but I was Elementary aged. Any ways there was this boy named Adam. He was a friend of my younger brother. They didn't do much but they were good friends. The kid really needed one too. He didn't talk much either, he was extremely shy.

One day at recess we were all out playing. I happened to look down in Adams direction for some reason. I saw 3 girls standing there teasing him for no reason. It made me mad, so I immediately went to him and helped him out of his situation. I don't remember what I said or what the girls might have said or did, but it felt good to help him out. I believe what they were doing was wrong. They were teasing him because he was really shy.

That to me is just wrong. And it is still wrong this very day. We need to watch over our kids and talk to them about these types of things. Find out if they are having something like this done to them.

If any of you would have known me back then, that type of thing is not normal for me. I to was shy. But someone had to stand up to those girls and help him. I am sure that he never said anything to me about it or said thanks but that is o Kay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjbo8dW9c8  

This song really does have a good message. Well at least it does to me. I hope you all listen to it. And pass it on to however. I hope that it gets out to at least a few people.

 Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

What a great song... I really enjoyed it. I think that is great that you went out of your comfort zone to help someone in need. I don't know much about being shy, but I do know alot about being nice. I have always been the kind of girl that will dance with any guy... like in high school, there were those one or two guys that NOBODY wanted to dance with, but when they asked me I would always say yes... who knows, maybe that helped them in some small way. at least they didn't get their feelings hurt by me!

Emily said...

Nicely said--I agree with you 100% Even though I'm not a country music fan:)