BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, May 6, 2010

those awful updates

Hi Hillary.....Brian here.....I'll tell you about some updates.....2 weeks ago I almost wiped out my airplane learning to land at Colorado City.....Note to self...don't take the flaps up when your altitude and airspeed are below 60 MPH.  So after that hair raiser, I almost tore the wings off it while descending from 9000 feet into Kanab at 135 MPH......Note to self....the plane can only safely handle smooth air at speeds above 110 MPH.  Then while taking off and landing in a 30 MPH cross wind at Kanab I almost flipped the plane upside down because I failed to put right aileron into the wind and whoooopppp, over we went on our side at 75 mph 50 feet off the ground.  Note to self.....right aileron into the wind when taking off and taxiing on the ground.  But don't worry I think I have it all figured out.  My instructor has lots of experience, he has wrinkled two planes and had to make several emergency landings, one of which was in the Virgin River Gorge, when he inadvertantly forgot to stop in mesquite and get fuel.  Looking forward to taking you for a spin when I get all licensed.  Happy mothers day.  Your the greatest. 

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Um... Hillary please promise me that you will never get into an airplaine with my dare devil brother. I rather prefer you alive. And my dare devil brother. .. God must really be looking out for you. Just remember there are worse things than death... surviving a fiery plane crash might be one of them... I love you guys... don't die OK... I mean think of the children wont you? :)


..

Brian and Hillary said...

His flying maybe better than his driving. I'm not to worried about it really. The kids are excited about flying with him and his instructor. It will all be good. Brian is really loving the learning how. We aren't to worried about crashing. You might as well not get in your car either.

I am sure all will be fine. Thanks for your concern though.